Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things VI

My endeavor to set the breakfast table this morning was thwarted by the fact that I couldn't find the plates anywhere. Surely I had seen the hired help elbow-deep in suds just half an hour before? I rummaged high and low, in both the obvious and less obvious places. Nothing. Baffled, I went outside in search of somebody who could shed some light on the quandry, but the mystery was solved as soon as I stepped out the door.
And a little ditty began to form in my mind, something to be sung to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad."

I've been washing all the dishes
at the end of each long day.
I'm glad to wash this load of dishes
'cause it's how I earn my pay.

Hm, I can't seem to find the dishrack...
...it's nowhere to be found.
Duh, the next best way to dry the dishes
is to throw them on the ground.


Incidentally, this inventive drying tchnique doesn't only apply to dishes. You should see the bushes around here on laundry day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: