Friday, June 12, 2009

Camel Toes

Our laptop (and the implied internet connection) is a special friend in such an outposty place, being a connection to the outside world. Like humans, our computers can get viruses, but I suspect this particular laptop has been inflicted with bacteria, given that this poor machine's performance of late can be characterized by general lethargy and then unexpected flow, something we're familiar with after drinking the water here. I've meant to post more, but it's been trickier than I'd remembered, being so spoiled back home by things that work at the push of a button.

While Bushman worked with the monkeys (all three engines are up and running!), we took our sweet guest to le Lac Rose, a local point of interest billed as this country's answer to the Dead Sea. The lake's water--perhaps due to the perpendicular angle of the sun's light?--was dissapointingly unpink, nonetheless due to the extrememe salinity of the water, all those who hadn't heretofore ventured into its slimy depths had a great time giving greater depth to the word for foreigner here--Tou-bob (Dad, I hope you're reading this and realizing how punny I am.)

Pictured here are Paquin, Gojo, and Tumbleweed getting ready for a camel ride to the beach earlier this afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: